The privacy settings feature allows you to hide your profile picture, status, last seen time and/or Read Receipts. As such, you may not be able to see a contact's information depending on how they have configured their settings.
If you cannot see someone else’s last seen, profile photo, or status, this is likely caused by one of the following:
- This person has changed their privacy settings to “Nobody”.
- This person has changed their privacy settings to “My Contacts” and you are not saved as a contact in their phone. Please make sure your contact has saved your number in their phone book in order to see their information.
- You have changed your last seen privacy settings to “Nobody”.
- You are blocked by this person.
- There is a temporary network issue.
- They do not have a profile photo set.
WhatsApp Support Team