Here are a few steps to help you through the verification process:
- Install the latest version from our website and try again.
- Double check that you have input the correct phone number for your phone.
- Double check that you have mobile data and BIS service. If you are roaming you may have trouble verifying.
- Reboot your phone.
- Check your SMS credits / payments.
- Send a test SMS from your phone to your number. Be sure to include your international country code prefix with plus (+). For example +1 804 555 1212. More examples can be found here.
- Wait patiently for the timer at the top to count down.
- If you did not receive an SMS, you will have an option to receive a phone call. When requesting the call, make sure you do not have any form of call screening turned on.
If, after finishing these steps, verification still fails, please go back through and double check the steps.
This could be an issue with your mobile provider, or it might be an issue with your phone. We need to verify your number and can only do that if you can either receive an SMS or a voice call. We cannot send your code through email.
WhatsApp Support Team