With the Broadcast List feature you can send a message to several of your friends at once.
Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients you can repeatedly send broadcast messages to, without having to select them each time.
Creating a Broadcast List
To create a Broadcast List:
- Open WhatsApp and tap More > broadcast lists.
- Tap (+) new at the bottom of the BROADCAST LISTS screen.
- You can type a name of a contact or tap the (+) add recipients to choose from your contact list.
- Tap the create icon at the bottom of the screen.
This will create a new Broadcast List. When you send a message to the Broadcast List, it will send to all recipients in the list as a normal message. When they reply, it will appear as a normal message in your chats screen; their reply will not be sent to other recipients in the Broadcast List.
Note: Only contacts who have added you to their phone's address book will receive your broadcast message. If your contacts are not getting your broadcast messages, please make sure they have added you to their address book. Broadcast Lists are a one-to-many communication. If you want your recipients to participate in a group conversation, you should create a Group Chat instead.
Editing a Broadcast List
- Open your Broadcast List and tap More > list info.
In the BROADCAST LIST info screen you can:
- Change the name of your Broadcast List by tapping edit next to the name.
- Add recipients to the Broadcast List by tapping on (+) add recipients at the bottom of the screen.
- Remove recipients: tap and hold down on the recipients name and select remove from the menu.
- Delete the Broadcast List by tapping on More > delete.
WhatsApp Support Team