Sending media or contacts over WhatsApp
- Open a chat.
- Tap the icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose what you want to send:
- Choose Gallery to select an existing photo or video from your phone. You can long press to select multiple images.
- Choose Photo to use your camera to take a photo.
- Choose Video to use your camera to record a video.
- Choose Audio to record a message or send an existing audio from your phone.
- Choose Location to send your location or a nearby place.
- Choose Contact to send the information of a contact saved in your phone's address book over WhatsApp.
- You may also add a caption to photos or videos. Swipe between images to add captions to each image.
- Tap Send in the Preview.
Forwarding a message or media
You can also forward a message or media from one conversation to another. To send a message or media to another conversation:
- Tap and hold on the message or media.
- Optionally, select multiple messages and/or media to forward.
- Tap the icon.
- Choose a conversation to forward the message or media to.
When you forward a message or media, you do not have to upload it again, so it will send faster and use less data. All forwarded messages and media will appear to have come from you.
Note: Captions will not be forwarded along with media.
WhatsApp Support Team