Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set your profile photo and name:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings.
- Select Profile.
- Tap the Pencil icon to take a new profile picture using your phone's camera or upload a photo from your media gallery.
- Tap the Pencil icon to change the name that is visible to your contacts.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the Pencil icon and tap OK after you are finished.
WhatsApp Support Team