The Change Number feature allows you to change the phone number associated with your WhatsApp account on the same phone. This feature is intended to be used before you verify your new number.
This process will:
- Delete the account associated with your old number, so your contacts will no longer see your old number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
- Migrate your account information, groups, and settings.
To change your WhatsApp phone number
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Options > About > Account info > Change my number.
- Simply enter your old number and new number.
- Follow the instructions to verify your new phone number.
You can also change your WhatsApp number on Nokia S60 phones by simply inserting your new SIM into your phone and opening WhatsApp. WhatsApp should prompt you to re-verify your new phone number.
Note: If you do not use the Change Number feature, your account information, groups, settings and messages will not be migrated.
WhatsApp Support Team