The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive group or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat does not delete the chat, nor does it back up the chat.
To archive a chat
- In the Chats screen, long press the chat you wish to hide.
- Tap Archive from the right pane.
The chat is now archived and will not appear on your Chats screen.
To unarchive a chat
- In the Chats screen > Tap More > Tap Search from the right pane.
- Type the name of the group or your contact.
- Long press the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- Tap Unarchive from the right pane.
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message from that contact.
WhatsApp Support Team