The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive group or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat does not delete the chat, nor does it back up the chat to your SD card.
To archive a chat
- In the Chats tab, highlight the chat you wish to hide.
- Press the button and select Archive.
To unarchive a chat
- In the Chats tab, type the name of the group or your contact.
- Highlight the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- Press the button and select Unarchive.
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message from that contact.
WhatsApp Support Team