The Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later, if needed. You can archive groups or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Note: Using Archive Chat does not delete the chat or back it up to your SD card.
To archive a chat
- In the Chats screen, long press on the chat you wish to hide.
- In the pop-up menu, select Archive chat.
The chat is now archived and will not appear on your Chats screen.
To unarchive a chat
- Scroll to the bottom of the Chats screen.
- Tap on Archived chats.
- Long press on the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- In the pop-up menu, select Unarchive chat.
To archive all chats
- Tap on the Menu Button from the main Chats screen to access Settings.
- Tap on Chats and calls.
- In the chat settings screen, tap on Archive all chats.
Archived chats will also reappear when you receive a new message from that conversation.
WhatsApp Support Team